The Mandalorian Armed Forces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

colo

4 posters

Go down

colo Empty colo

Post by Sev Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:19 pm

is total war rome 2 any good?
Sev
Sev
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 578

Back to top Go down

colo Empty Re: colo

Post by Marek Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Yes
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 1319

Back to top Go down

Post by ColoFett Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Now that it's been patched a million times it is, yes.  but before it was virtually unplayable.   But you also have to heavily mod it to improve performance, AI, and game flow, as of which i can recommend.

If you havent played a total war game before, i recommend Shogun 2 Total War.  Shogun 2 is more simple and smaller compared to Rome 2, but it's very immersive and it'd very deep.  But ofc there are mods which can make it better.  

Nothing beats the first Rome Total war, though
ColoFett
ColoFett
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)

Credits : 2149

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:23 pm

I recommend empire total war... That was a fun game that you don't need to mod the shit out of it.
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by ColoFett Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

the issue with Empire total war that I had is that it wasn't very smooth, because it's such a huge game with three campaign theatres, and managing your empire took a long time because you couldnt control your various villages and workshops via the capital city like you can in Shogun 2 and Rome 2.  The combat wasnt the most fun either, two lines march up, shoot, and the side with the least combat research retreats.  I much prefer the combat in the other games where you have two armies charge each other with swords and what-not and hack each other to bits, also Tactics play a bigger role in Shogun 2 and Rome 2 due to better AI, which is what won me over those games instead of Empire.  

Although, Empire does have one thing over the other games and that's the naval battles.  The Naval battles in Empire are pretty awesome, theyre meh in Shogun, and ok in Rome 2.  I rarely play naval battles in Shogun 2 or Rome 2, but I did all the time in Empire.  The naval battle system was designed for Empire, and it pulls it off the best.  If I were to rank all the total war games that ive played it would be...

Rome Total War (2004)
Shogun 2 Total war (2011)
Rome 2 Total War (2013)
Medieval 2 Total War (2006)
Empire Total War (2009)
Napoleon Total War (2010)

There is also the original Shogun (2000) and Medieval total wars (2002), but i havent played them, but ive heard they are awesome in their own way despite being fairly old and primitive.

Rome total war has the best atmosphere, fun but simple combat, and a fast campaign.  it's my personal favourite.  

Shogun 2 is the most rounded refined game.  Fast, but deep campaign in a vibrant world, great graphics, great music, fast but intense combat.   

Rome 2 Total War is much bigger than Shogun 2 but not as big as ETW, and by far has the biggest longest battles, and has the biggest variation of units.  But the downside is that it needs mods to refine the experience and to deal with some balancing and performance issues

Medieval 2 Total war is the last game which i would call the old games, and is better as a game than Rome total war with better graphics and combat, a deeper campaign.  But it doesnt feel as special as RTW for some reason, or the other games above it for that matter.  It's the first game to include religion.  

Empire Total War is ambitious but falls short.  Imo its too big with three campaign theatres of India, Europe and North America, the combat isnt as addictive as any of the others and the campaign can feel to drag on as you micromanage your empire which isnt a problem in the other games.  but it's the first game to have Naval battles and research trees.  I give it massive credit for containing the innovations that would be refined in the later games  

Napoleon Total War is pointless.  I dunno why it exists as a full game when it could very easily be expansion to Empire.  No different at all.
ColoFett
ColoFett
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sev Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 pm

the rome 2 multiplayer any good?
Sev
Sev
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:09 pm

You have a point colo, mostly in the campaign I just chose the India campaign and was not really interested in the others... Although I loved the skirmish battles and with India a lot of their troops are melee so you can charge in 4 on 4 and have this huge battle with swords, and elephants, and camels.i thought it was fun.
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by ColoFett Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 am

Sev wrote:the rome 2 multiplayer any good?

I would say that Shogun 2 has the best multiplayer.  But there isnt anything wrong with Rome 2 apart that it's a little slow in Coop and Competitive campaign while you wait for your opponent to finish their turn, which isnt as big an issue in Shogun 2 since theres less to do.
ColoFett
ColoFett
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)

Back to top Go down

Post by ColoFett Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:17 am

Here's a couple Screens from my campaign as Rome.  Im taking on Sparta and Athens.  

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276835465

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276835549

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276835692

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276835816

Im near the end of my campaign, once I get Greece ill win.  Next I think Im going to do a campaign as Athens, as it's very different from Rome or Sparta.  As Rome or Sparta you just conquer everything cuz they got the best units.  But as Athens you gotta establish client states via diplomacy, you can't conquer people in to submission, Athens has good naval units but not great land units.  

Then I think I'm going to play another campaign on Empire Total War, its been a long time and there have been patches.  I also want to see how it looks on my new comp haha
ColoFett
ColoFett
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)

Back to top Go down

Post by §oul Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:22 am

Sev, I heard you play Empire earth which ones? don't say empire earth 3 either that game was horse shit
§oul
§oul
0 - War Chief
0 - War Chief

Credits : 1483

Back to top Go down

Post by Sev Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:09 am

i have all the empire earth games the first 1 and the art was good but the 2 and 3 just were so bad
Sev
Sev
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by §oul Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Omg EE2 is my favorite lets play it together bby <3
§oul
§oul
0 - War Chief
0 - War Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by §oul Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:01 pm

2 wasnt even bad I have empire earth 1 also we can play either one.
§oul
§oul
0 - War Chief
0 - War Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down