I play on the BG server like every day btw, stop saying it's rare to see me
Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 626

Back to top Go down

Re: Geno - Chief

Post by Congo on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Geno wrote:Good name, some cool maps, active people inside the clan and out of it. Some "fake crowd" to make ppl out of clan to visit the server.

On european lugormod 70% of these ppl don't even register. They look which server is most populated and they get on it. Both americans and europeans. So we'd have to populate server with clan-people (we can start mass-recruitment of pvts somewhere else) to make them feed the server. Then non-clan ppl will get on.

As many people noticed, we're at the moment 50:50 pvts to officers. So we CAN recruit some pvts.

I would really love to help out with this to make this a reality if other people would be on board.

Do we have anyone who can build well in Lugor?

Congo wrote:mandos best clan

Congo
4 - Corporal (Cpl)
4 - Corporal (Cpl)

Credits : 369

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmeh on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Congo wrote:
Geno wrote:Good name, some cool maps, active people inside the clan and out of it. Some "fake crowd" to make ppl out of clan to visit the server.

On european lugormod 70% of these ppl don't even register. They look which server is most populated and they get on it. Both americans and europeans. So we'd have to populate server with clan-people (we can start mass-recruitment of pvts somewhere else) to make them feed the server. Then non-clan ppl will get on.

As many people noticed, we're at the moment 50:50 pvts to officers. So we CAN recruit some pvts.

I would really love to help out with this to make this a reality if other people would be on board.

Do we have anyone who can build well in Lugor?

A few... I think Geno is the most experienced one.
Kimmeh
14 - General of the Mandalorian Forces (GenM)

Credits : 642

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Honestly, Im good at T2 building and have some well explained notes. I can't use U# entities coz I didn't continue my lugormod career when U# came out. I hated it's lack of balance, jscript and typical lugor's stuff, like sv_keepweapons cvar and unique tavion/desann style. I have some prepared jscripts that I could use in t2 2.1.5.3 or 1.8.X maps and I can always ask Kim to prepare some scripts, coz shes pro coder / programmer.

With a little help of some 1-2 assistants (i can always ask Univer - some of ya might remember him. atm he doesnt play JKA, but he missed building together so he could help me) we could make some fine maps for the start and direct our server to more lugromodish gameplay than European Lugormod has (coz at european its just mass FFA JA+ style with gripspin fest. No factions, no use of the map, total bullshit in my opinion).

Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:32 pm

This would probably work really well especially if we went back to more retro Lugor like that. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know Smile

Congo
4 - Corporal (Cpl)
4 - Corporal (Cpl)

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:41 pm

We'll need lot of caffeine, free time and alcohol.

+we need to decide, If we want to name our server with something, that lures people, like ..............................International Lugormod, or do we want to make it look like its ours - property of this legendary mandalorian clan that lasts 11 years, like "^8Mandalorian.Lugormod.T2"

Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmeh on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Geno wrote:We'll need lot of caffeine, free time and alcohol.

+we need to decide, If we want to name our server with something, that lures people, like ..............................International Lugormod, or do we want to make it look like its ours - property of this legendary mandalorian clan that lasts 11 years, like "^8Mandalorian.Lugormod.T2"

or ^4M^0alachor ^4L^0ugormod ^4T^02

Well... I'm working on few things (like a cpanel) but this could be a nice project (perhaps we get some support from ufo - the new lmd coder)
Kimmeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:30 pm

malachor lugormod t2 wont work, because it looks like 'just another random server', only with "t2" part and we talk about very tiny community.

Server with name similar to our tags would bring ppl who know us, and server with million dots and name "international" will make mirror effect to ufo and fastic's ....................European Lugormod.
Believe me. We tried Dxun Lugormod T2, Malachor Lugormod T2, etc. and it never worked.

Im not sure ufo will like to help me, lol. 1. hes BIG enemy of T2, 2. he has server which will rivalise with us, 3. Hes not big fan of mandos at all

Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmeh on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Geno wrote:malachor lugormod t2 wont work, because it looks like 'just another random server', only with "t2" part and we talk about very tiny community.

Server with name similar to our tags would bring ppl who know us, and server with million dots and name "international" will make mirror effect to ufo and fastic's ....................European Lugormod.
Believe me. We tried Dxun Lugormod T2, Malachor Lugormod T2, etc. and it never worked.

Im not sure ufo will like to help me, lol. 1. hes BIG enemy of T2, 2. he has server which will rivalise with us, 3. Hes not big fan of mandos at all

lol Very Happy  Alright.. I have to secure (and stablize) the server on its highest limit.

All of those points could mean that he (or others) are trying to take us down.
The jka-engine we are using should be fixed (openjk's windows built) but it's running via wine with a deprecated (+insecure +unstable) lmd version...
Kimmeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:22 pm

They already monopolized lugormod U#. It's like their server: 32/32 all the time, when rest are 0-3/32.
We've got much work If we want that project to come true and not to fail.

Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyton on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:38 pm

Dis sounds good, i did a little building on lugor, but not t2, I can do minor stuff and learn from someone if u want help
Kyton
14 - General (Gen)
14 - General (Gen)

Credits : 1956

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerial on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:06 am

i used to do alot of T2 building, and most of it was pretty good (if i say so myself), however, its been years, and i cant remember how to do it for the life of me XD

15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:42 am

Geno wrote:They already monopolized lugormod U#. It's like their server: 32/32 all the time, when rest are 0-3/32.

Then let's make sure to do T2 and cater to that crowd.

Honestly, what was it that made the old lugors good? What was it about Tidal that made everyone play there?
(Besides the community)

Congo
4 - Corporal (Cpl)
4 - Corporal (Cpl)

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:57 am

Its easy: there was no other active server, when tidal got up.

Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmeh on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:24 am

Congo wrote:
Geno wrote:They already monopolized lugormod U#. It's like their server: 32/32 all the time, when rest are 0-3/32.

Then let's make sure to do T2 and cater to that crowd.

Honestly, what was it that made the old lugors good? What was it about Tidal that made everyone play there?
(Besides the community)

It was community-driven.
90% of the old lmd servers was garbarge (24/7 empty, admin-powers-abusing-whores, overbuilt, way to easy to get lvl (20)40, and so on...).

Lugor said once that Lugormod's main purpose lies in stash hunting, leveling up and roleplaying - building would be makermod's niche (which is opensource by the way...) - In my very personal opinion I think he is right.

Our primary mission must not be an easy way to level up to level 40 and have got 2,147,483,647 credits. It has to be entertainment, it has to be socializing the server.

Which means for us, that our monetary system has to be balanced and I think that each single bullshit of those things called "Quests" will ruin it.
There is no balance in paying 50cr, killing 3 Reborns with Tavion/Desann-stylem, earning 250cr.
Kimmeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmeh on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:26 am

Otherwise: We could try to create an alternative rewarding system by t2's jscript or/and hacking the mod.
Kimmeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:53 am

What if the quest is actually fairly difficult?

Congo
4 - Corporal (Cpl)
4 - Corporal (Cpl)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmeh on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:14 am

Congo wrote:What if the quest is actually fairly difficult?

Can be broken by using telegun (which is available in t2).
Can be broken by being 2 or more players inside the quest.

Community quests (spawning a mutant rancor, after its death spawn credits) could be nice.

a typical formula for this might be:

Code:
ceil(randomNumber(1*10, availableSlots*10) + sqrt(numberOfPlayers * availableSlots) * difficultyLevel)

E.g.

availableSlots := 32
difficultyLevel := 100

for 1 Player it would be in worst/best case
numberOfPlayers := 1

worst: 576
best: 886

for 32 Player it would be in worst/best case
numberOfPlayers := 32

worst: 3210
best: 3520

randomNumner(min, max) is just a base (min. 10cr, max. 320cr) - just like the stash system
sqrt(numberOfPlayers*availableSlots) is our  the community for being active (as more active people, as more credits)
difficultyLevel is used to raise/lower the ammount of credits
ceil is used to have integer
Kimmeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 am

I like Your rancor idea, Kim.

How about creating our own version of moneystash, that pays better money, even when theres 2-3 ppl online? (classic stash pays 10 credits for a person, sometimes x2, sometimes x4, and our would pay the same x10 - x20 depending on luck). Classic stash hunt was okay at 1.1 lugor, when there were 20 lvls and prices were ending on 20 000 / 40 000 per level. It was possible to earn just with stash. Now it is like 100k for 25lvl or something, so getting 10-20 cr stash would be real pain in ass.

We could also make something like duel area ppl might use once per 15 minutes. 2 ppl pay 100 cr, and one wins 200 cr, or 200cr x2 / x4 depending on random luck. 15 minutes delay = so ppl cant /kill bug it.

Idea of hunting is really damn cool coz ppl have to organize to get real effects. You can't solo 3+ people, unless you're really damn pro in jka. No matter if jedi, sith or merc.

I would also like to make our map more adventure themed, instead of making tele-room to every shithole on the server. Make some swoops and ship spawnpoints to let ppl travel the map (im taking t2_trip for example) and hide some features in there. Not only credit themed, just useful for ppl, like tree-houses, outposts, valleys, better veh spawnpoints. Shit clans and factions could claim in any time without admin influence. Personally, I loved jungle-themed t2_trip and snowish war remains hoth-like t2_trip. Or Corellian style snowish city of mp/siege_desert. Those maps have so much potential. I can't get why they're not used on European LMD.

With programmer like Kim, who knows jscript, at my side, we're able to do really beast maps together. Even comparing to actual U# and European Lugormod maps, that are somehow fine, but soulless.

@about telegun
we don't have to allow telegun or cloak items. It depends on us what we'll allow ppl to use. I just feel like taking away features from people is kinda pointless, coz they'll always bug their way out and it's not lugormods way. Very Happy

Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 am

Corellian siege_desert, jungle t2_trip, and a well done t3_korriban are probably my favorite maps for lugor.

Adventure especially on trip is an awesome idea.

Question - is Jedi's Home still the one map that you can count on pretty much everyone to have downloaded?

So - what would we need to get started? More planning? Tweaks on server? More convincing to do this? I would actually like to learn how to build in Lugormod. It'd be about time. Graduated from Harvard, can't be too difficult lol.

Congo
4 - Corporal (Cpl)
4 - Corporal (Cpl)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next