The Mandalorian Armed Forces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tasmann's Tale

5 posters

Go down

Tasmann's Tale Empty Tasmann's Tale

Post by Tasmann Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:45 am

Compared to the majority of the JKA community, I am relatively new to the game, having only started playing 3 or 4 years ago roughly. To begin with my personal history, I will actually take you all to a game which I started playing a year or 2 before I started playing JKA: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast, as it directly influenced my knowledge of combat in JKA. The biggest theme of this story will be focused on my development from a childish, whining newbie to a hardened war veteran.

I began in JK2 as a kid with an attitude problem whenever I would get killed with my saber down. I was one of those "no-laming" rule addicts and just played with emotes/animations all the time. My biggest enemy was a man from the esteemed clan of Flaw, Col. Sanders. He lamed me all the time and it authentically pissed me off when he did so. I remember once I even called him a "CRAPHEAD." I played on a server owned by a clan called Clan Apathy (Ca) for the majority of my JK2 career. Months or a year or so later, I eventually started to break the chains of the new guy, and began to toughen up, learn how to fight, and defy the no-laming rule. It was during this time that I had the most fun and I was the most proud of myself in my JK2 career. In my learning process, nobody was my teacher, some people may have given very slight pointers here and there, but I taught myself mostly everything just by fighting constantly and observing all kinds of fighters. I competed with Col. Sanders all the time and getting beat by him constantly taught me how to FFA like a pro. I observed and fought many duelists as well, and taught myself how to do the yellow style drag, the red style poke, and the blue style stab-fan, as single was the only saber type available in JK2. Around this time, I also started teaching myself how to force fight in JK2 and went to other servers all around. I chose to follow the Dark Side of the force and began training myself how to grip kick and pull kick. Again, with rapid speed, I learned how to force fight and eventually become one of the best Dark Side forcers to exist in that era of JK2. It was around this time that I had developed into one of the best players of JK2 at the time, which was the epitome of my career. One of the events that I am most proud about at this time was that I had gained the respect of Col. Sanders, who invited me to join Flaw when he had seen how far I had taken my skill level. I was excited and sad at the same time, because I had won the respect of one of the best FFAers, but sad because at that time I was a lone wolf, and had to reject his invitation. At this point I had been playing JKA for several months, and so without further adieu, I will now begin my career as a JKA junkie.

For me, JKA started out mostly the same as JK2, I came in giving into the mistaken way of the no-laming enthusiast. I first came to Lugormod when I visit Mystic Forces (MF) for the first time. Here I met my arch-nemesis of that day and age, Snow (aka Snowstorm), the leader of the Elements. For me, he was the Col. Sanders of JKA. He would FFA all the time, and lame me all the time. He shittalked me constantly and I got mad at him many times. Here I gave into the no-laming rule the most, and tried to get the admins to help me in stopping him. However, this was of course not going to be a permanent fix. Eventually, having the desire to become a veteran once again, I started teaching myself how to battle in JKA. In order to start learning this new way of fighting, I utilized my knowledge of JK2 combat and integrated it into my JKA style. This served me well in the beginning, but was not gonna be nearly enough. So, I started observing duelists and ffaers, seeing how they fight, what force fighting was like, what the saber physics were like, etc. I had started learning that the dominant style here was in fact red single style, with its best moving being the good 'ol super-powered right-to-left uppercut cartwheel combo, dealing a hell of a lot of damage every time. Yes, this was of course the old Lugormod, the classic version. Thus, I labeled myself as a duelist in this time, but also started to loosen my newbie chains again and became an ffaer on the side as well. However, my journey seemed to have been cut short when MF died and I found myself jumping from one server to another, and exiling myself onto JA+ servers, finding no real popularity on any Lugormod server at the time. My development was further hindered because I was dividing my time between JKA and JK2, most of my time being devoted to JK2. And then came my final stages in the recent years...

In the recent years, JK2 had been nearly absolutely dead. Thus, most of my time was now spent on JKA, and that's when I found clans like Unreal Lugormod, Jenova Lugormod, and Elite Wolves Lugormod, where I found a new Lugormod system and a new opportunity to develop my skills. I blindly obeyed the rules for a while, but then resumed my true form as a Lugormod FFAer. I practiced long and hard and eventually became a highly talented, hardened veteran once again. This was a proud moment for me in my JKA career. I was enjoying the thrill of fighting everyone, and for once not being the weak one that everyone picked on. I enjoyed vicious competitions with others of my skill-level, and became a force to be reckoned with. I now decided to start training myself in the good 'ol fashioned mercenary combat. I learned slowly, but enjoyed every bit of it. One year ago, I experienced the proudest moment of JKA career, I had earned the respect of Snow and was invited to join Elements, just like what had happened in JK2 with Col. Sanders and Flaw. However, this time I was no longer a lone wolf and accepted the invitation. I didn't stop there though, I continued to develop my skill in both force user and mercenary. This summed up my JKA career of the recent years, constantly learning, training, and practicing. In the recent times, I have developed into a seasoned veteran of JKA in all saber types, in the dark side of the force, and also in the way of the mercenary. This led to another one of my proudest moments of JKA, joining the ranks of the Mandalorians. This was a decision that I was immediately happy about. I was welcomed with open arms even by those who I had wronged in the past, and I had never gotten so excited about anything JKA like this before, other than when I was invited to Elements. Now, I am one of the most skilled and probably most hated active players of JKA. Am I to stop here? Nope. I always have new things to learn. I am always motivated to teach myself new things, as I had taught myself how to fight in both JKA and JK2 with only a few pointers here and there. This game is fun to play and I always enjoy myself on it. I will probably play this game until it is absolutely dead, to the very end. And now, I am happy to do it amongst my new friends in the Mandalorians. Ever since joining, I have been more motivated to practice mercenary fighting style more often, and have now taught myself how to snipe very well. Here's to a grand journey as a member of the Mandalorians! Strength and honour!!!

~ Tasmann
Tasmann
Tasmann
12 - Colonel (Col)
12 - Colonel (Col)

Credits : 726

Back to top Go down

Tasmann's Tale Empty Re: Tasmann's Tale

Post by ColoFett Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Mind if I save this to my collection?
ColoFett
ColoFett
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)

Credits : 2149

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasmann Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Sure you can, go ahead!
Tasmann
Tasmann
12 - Colonel (Col)
12 - Colonel (Col)

Back to top Go down

Post by §oul Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:39 am

Wow Tasman I feel x1010101010101010 stupider big "craphead"
§oul
§oul
0 - War Chief
0 - War Chief

Credits : 1483

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasmann Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 pm

Damn it Soul LOL
Tasmann
Tasmann
12 - Colonel (Col)
12 - Colonel (Col)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:19 pm

good story i liked most how you were honest about your mistakes and noob sides, i think we all went through that at some point. i think we first met at MF or unreal
Bro

Credits : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyton Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 pm

in all honesty tas, you have always seemed to be a good guy in my eyes, even when i was a force user on BOSS and jw, you were a deadly merc and i always enjoyed fighting you, im happy to have you aboard as a brother-in-arms, we are all the better for it.
Kyton
Kyton
14 - General (Gen)
14 - General (Gen)

Credits : 1953

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Kyton wrote:in all honesty tas, you have always seemed to be a good guy in my eyes, even when i was a force user on BOSS and jw, you were a deadly merc and i always enjoyed fighting you, im happy to have you aboard as a brother-in-arms, we are all the better for it.

agree with that. to me you always been one of the v good ones study
Bro

Credits : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down