The Mandalorian Armed Forces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

+9
Kyton
Marek
Naoto
TATERPRO
Aerial
ColoFett
LATTEH
Nightwing
Senza32
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] Empty [SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Congo Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:24 am

What did you guys think of SW7?

I fucking loved it. I'd rank them all, from best to worst: 5 7 4 6 3 1 2

There were some things I was a bit unhappy with - I thought the scenes were actually too fast paced.

Also, how did the imperial remnant build a death star thing 5x as big as one that took the entire empire 20 years to build??
Congo
Congo
4 - Corporal (Cpl)
4 - Corporal (Cpl)

Credits : 363

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] Empty Re: [SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Geno Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:43 am

ep7 is 30 years after ep6 + starkiller base is built inside a planet, not made from zero. In my opinion movie was quite good. Had everything I wanted. +dogfights on planet surface bought me. Haven't seen such a good scenes in any other SW movie. Brought good memomries when as a kid i was pwnin imperial scums in Rogue Squadron game.

I really liked characters and Rey's theme music is beast, but I find the way they 'luckily' found: 1. millenium falcon, 2. han solo, 3. luke's lightsaber, 4. Luke himself, was just naive. +Whole scenario is really too similar to the New Hope.

Kylo Ren's dilema about his force affilation is really nice. Something like "jedi, uhh, come to the dark side" classic, but reversed. Too bad, when he puts helmet off, he looks like a pussy. Im sure he'll come to the light side in ep 8 or 9.

And one last thing - lightsaber duel scene. If Ren could pwn Rey with one push in the beginning of the fight to the KO, why couldn't he handle her later, after he raped black friendzoned guy? I have nothing against Rey's saber skills, coz she was using that metal stick before and Finn was trained as a badass stormie, but c'mon... How come Rey used mind trick, if 24 hours before she didn't have idea what the hell force is? But from the other side, the visual aspect of duel was really good - blue 'smoke' after sabers hit eachother, really realistic laser glow, the way both sides used the saber: more like amateurs than ep. 3 jedis. It was really nice.

And humor. Its the funniest star wars movie of all times. Very Happy

8/10 . Its still really good movie.
Geno
Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 622

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] Empty Re: [SPOILERS] SW7 Force Awakens Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Aerial Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:01 am

When trying to look objectively at it, i liked the movie, however, i still havent forgiven Disney the fact that they just threw most of the expanded universe in a thrashbin.

One point i will mention though: imho, there were way too many plotholes in the movie.
Aerial
Aerial
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:43 am

im with aerial on that. BUT they based starkiller base off of good old centerpoint station. and they killed my favorite character in the EU (ben skywalker) and gave his name to a weak darth vader fanboy who couldnt defeat an untrained chick, that had never used the force before that day.
also while i liked the character of rey, they really didnt develop her powers well at all. how would she even know mindtrick was a thing, when she tried it on that stormie? she didnt even know luke skywalker was real how would she know anything about force powers? also you cant convince me that she could've beat kylo ren (whos had training from luke in saber technique) in a straight up saber duel. too many gaps and holes in that movie for me to rate it anything except slightly above the phantom menace (worst one imo)
Nightwing
Nightwing
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 1712

Back to top Go down

Post by Senza32 Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:32 pm

He'd taken a direct hit to the gut from a weapon that had been earlier demonstrated to kill people, send them flying, and knock anyone nearby off their feet, and Finn also got a hit on him, AND he was probably off-balance on account of the whole murdering his father thing. It also didn't help that Ren is clearly inexperienced himself.

I think she probably had some sort of Jedi training in the past and that her memories were altered before she was dumped on Jakku, the vision she had when she touched Ani's saber seemed to imply she was there when Luke's Jedi academy got rekt by the Knights of Ren. After all, she clearly knew how to use that staff as if she had formal training with it. Also remember that Luke pulled his lightsaber out of the ice on Hoth without even having witnessed anyone used telekinesis afaik. It's also possible she picked up on a few things from Ren/Ben while she was in his mind.
Senza32
Senza32
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:42 pm

If ren was inexperienced then why was he dubbed "master of the nights of ren"
Nightwing
Nightwing
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senza32 Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Considering we know next to nothing about them, I don't know. Maybe he's just the most powerful of them? Idk. Vader was cold and ruthless, focused and in control of himself. Ren is powerful, but immature and very much not in control of himself, I think he will probably be more dangerous in the next movie. 

My big problem with that whole part of the movie is that Ren is somehow in their path even though they ran straight out, had a pretty good head start, and he was in pretty bad shape. Also I thought it was strange that they glossed over him being rescued despite the fact that we're clearly supposed to assume he survived.
Senza32
Senza32
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:11 pm

So if rey had formal training with a saber why was she getting rekt by kylo until she took a long time to blink, then went apeshit on him
Nightwing
Nightwing
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by LATTEH Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:45 pm

I like it, but I have problems with it. It felt like a retelling of a new hope. At times It didn't feel like a star wars movie, JJ abrams did a different kind of camera style which makes it kind of feel like a fan film instead of the steady camera style that Lucas used. Some of the charectors were unneed or just had a quick couple of scenes (silver storm trooper). I understand the revel with kylo ren showing his true face to her, but it honestly made me think of him as a punk ass little whiny bitch. They should of honestly either gave him a scar to make him look more badass or never had taken off the helmet. For me it would have been better if Fin never picked up a light saber. Since Fin doesn't have any force powers and the fight with kylo made the force/jedi/sith feel less mysterious.
LATTEH
LATTEH
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 547

http://lolatteh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TATERPRO Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:37 pm

I loved the fact that they made Ren and Rey immature Jedi/Sith. They are leaving room to show them growing in their force powers until eventually they face off after training/maturing. I'm not sure what they are doing with Finn, but I think he may have some force sensitivity in him and that's why he could handle a saber.
TATERPRO
TATERPRO
An Hero
An Hero

Credits : 1153

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Force sensitivity doesn't mean saber skills. Luke learned form 4 from yoda, but actually learned the basics of form five from seeing Vader use it on bespin
Nightwing
Nightwing
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by TATERPRO Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Well the Stormtroopers in VII were trained to counter lightsabers with their little staff saber things (dont know what its called) so maybe he was able to use a saber from his training with the other thing
TATERPRO
TATERPRO
An Hero
An Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Senza32 Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:44 am

Adam Driver (Ren) really nailed Episode II/III Anakin.... except way better acted, time will tell whether he develops into something more akin to Vader or not, I suppose. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Finn either, I think they were implying at the end that he's going to be out of commission for quite a while, but what exactly his role will be is unclear...

There's also the fact that a lot of people are speculating Snoke and Plageuis may be one in the same, seeing as Snoke's theme is almost identical to the theme used when Palpy tells Ani about Plageuis and of course the fact that he's riddled with scars.
Senza32
Senza32
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:47 pm

I dunno about some people but i loved it, I found the dialogue amazing, the visuals and the story to me were well done. The only scene that  i was skeptical on was the one where she mind tricked the stormy. Other than that I had a blast. I think that if kylo ren was at his full, rey would probably lose that one, but he was emotionally unstable from killing his father, and unfocused, he had been shot in the chest by a bow caster, and went through the fight with finn which tired him a little. With rey who has a strong connection to the force, which effects reflex and coordination, and the fact that she has trained herself in melee combat, i could see how she defeated kylo.
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 1319

Back to top Go down

Post by ColoFett Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:54 pm

my issue was... why was the resistance called "The resistance" when the republic backs them, and the New Order is technically the rebels?  

Also... I bet Rey is going to be like... Obi-Wans Granddaughter.  you heard it here first.
ColoFett
ColoFett
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)
17 - Mandalore (Mdr)

Credits : 2149

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:07 pm

makes sense, i mean obiwan had a child with padme, named duke dirtfarmer.
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerial Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:20 am

Well, Colo, to continue with that conspiracy theory....its not entirely impossible, since Obi-Wan did have a relationship with Duchess Satine (alot of reference to that are made in the clone wars series), but tbh, i doubt that would be the case...allthough it would be awesome, cuz if it were so, than Rey would be part Mandalorian Razz....so impossible cuz she shouldve been really old allready Razz
Aerial
Aerial
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:16 am

ColoFett wrote:why was the resistance called "The resistance" when the republic backs them, and the New Order is technically the rebels? 
Word up, I just don't freaking get it.

And why somebody let rebellish new order to build planet-deathstar-toy that destroys couruscant and 4 other useful planets just for lulz? AND WHY BADASS REPUBLIC FLEET DIDNT ATTACK THIS PLANET AND LET 8 TINY XWINGS FIGHT ALONE? I mean CMOON?!
Geno
Geno
15 - Chief
15 - Chief

Credits : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:38 am

wait it destroyed coruscant? I thought it just destroyed like 4 moons or something
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by TATERPRO Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:38 am

Yup RIP in peace Coruscant
TATERPRO
TATERPRO
An Hero
An Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next