The Mandalorian Armed Forces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writing

+6
OreoCrunch
Snoke
Jack
Aerial
Kyton
Jakar Solice
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Writing - Page 3 Empty Re: Writing

Post by OreoCrunch Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 pm

stormjedi wrote:
Jakar Solice wrote:
Khorr'El wrote:I honestly doubt they'd kill off Sev. He was a dark attitude to the group. and whether or not a sequel will be made, I still think it'd be a dick move to kill off Sev in the canon part of Republic Commando
they killed boba fett didnt they?

And brought him back.
Then killed him.
Then brought him back.

Sarlaac pit, followed by a virus I think.

Read da Dark Empire Trilogy. Boba Fett like is god, he like gets freakin killed in every fight scene but some how manages to come back again.
OreoCrunch
OreoCrunch
13 - Lieutenant General (LtGen)
13 - Lieutenant General (LtGen)

Credits : 1712

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoke Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Jakar Solice wrote:
Khorr'El wrote: Iconic ones too, not to mention the one where Obi-Wan stops a wave of bullets with his hand using the force, throwing them to the sides of him instead of at him. This is why I prefer classics.
I think u are thinking of the movie Matrix

Could be, I just watched it this morning lol
Snoke
Snoke

Credits : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:07 am

Khorr'El wrote:
stormjedi wrote:
Khorr'El wrote:
stormjedi wrote:
Khorr'El wrote:I honestly doubt they'd kill off Sev. He was a dark attitude to the group. and whether or not a sequel will be made, I still think it'd be a dick move to kill off Sev in the canon part of Republic Commando

Someone has to die, otherwise it is boring.
Rebels is blah because in the entire season, no one died. 
Rebels season 2 will be blah for the same reason, not a single hero will die.
The reason I gave a damn in Republic Commando was because Sev died, and I was pissed because of it. Pissed at the seps, pissed at Yoda, pissed at the brilliant writers at whatever company made RC, pissed at my inability to mod Sev back in, just pissed in general. Razz
But that's good, you should FEEL something when playing a game, and Sev dying did that for me.

okay, i guess you're right.  you made a good point. i dont watch Rebels, but I've seen a couple previews of the new season with Rex, emo Wolffe, and somehow Gregor survived and went mad... it looks like shit in my eyes. clone wars beats rebels any day.

Remember, clone wars started out pretty shitty too, it got better around 3, and was really good halfway through 4 and onward.
Just when everything was fricking awesome, it was shut down to make room for Rebels. If they can keep Rebels going long enough, we might see decent content.
...Unless you're talking about the first Clone Wars cartoon, which was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Maybe so, but remember this show is ran by Disney. You know how they are, man. The only good Disney show I'm actually looking forward to is The Jungle Book live action film. And I agree, that first Clone Wars cartoon was amazing. Even if it was a micro series or whatever the hell it's called, it was amazing. They didn't have to have drama queens like Ahsoka to bring in an attitude. Just alot, and I mean ALOT, of battle scenes. Iconic ones too, not to mention the one where Obi-Wan stops a wave of bullets with his hand using the force, throwing them to the sides of him instead of at him. This is why I prefer classics.

I agree and disagree with you there. Avengers, Captain America: Civil War, and Guardians of the Galaxy (as well as the rest of the Marvel movie line) are 'Disney' movies, but made by the Marvel portion of Disney.

In the same way, hopefully if I understand it right, Rebels is being made by the Lucasarts portion of Disney, instead of the normal animation part of Disney. The only real problem with Rebels is the exact same thing that happened to Teen Titans. A series for an established franchise was remade to suit a younger demographic.
Clone Wars -> Rebels
Teen Titans -> Teen Titans Go
In both of these examples, the original show was already designed for a fairly young demographic. No blood/gore in either, no cursing, no adult situations. (Cmon, Twi'lek lapdance!!!!). But the show was remade anyways, and this is because of an intentional shift in media.

Before Marvel went nuts and saved the world with really good high quality movies, (The Batman trilogy gets a nod here, but it didn't really jumpstart the movement, Marvel did.) Superheroes were for kids, you were 'childish' if you watched and enjoyed superhero movies. But that has changed now, suddenly, it is cool to like heroes, mainstream cool I mean, and there are big fucking bucks to be made. (I think The Dark World was the weakest Marvel movie so far, and even that raked in dough.) This is why shows are being changed for different demographics. Clone Wars was designed for the oldest demographic that will still openly watch and talk about the show, which is teens basically. But now Star Wars is following Marvel, and we see a couple changes.
Clone Wars is replaced by Rebels (For a younger demographic, say, kids that are 10ish.)
A live action Rogue Squadron series (Clearly for a more mature audience, adults and young adults that want more content.)
Another Star Wars movie. (For obvious reasons, designed to appeal to a very broad range of ages. Which is why we will never get some Twi'lek nudes. Sad )

Look at the parallels in the Marvel universe.
The Marvel cartoon series, young, but not designed specifically for kids.
Replaced by:
Amazing Spiderman, for teens, obviously.
Hulk and the Agents of Smash, young kids, it is painful to watch.
Daredevil, a truly good high quality mature show, designed for adults.
The Marvel cinematic line, movies for adults, but 'clean' enough said adults will take their kids with them.
(Note the cutesy 'Language!' line at the beginning of Age of Ultron. If cursing is 'bad' and a 'joke', parents are more relaxed about exposing their kids to it. (I mean more conservative families.)

Even DC is doing it to some extent, instead of Young Justice, there is Teen Titans Go, Arrow, and the upcoming Batman v Superman movie. (Which I hope won't suck, for reasons I'll get into later.)
stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Credits : 460

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 am

Marek wrote:honestly though, to me at least the story was really lacking from the first one.

Yep, but I don't think it hurt anything.
Remember, the first Clone Wars miniseries occurred between Episodes 2 and 3.
It did a good job of explaining Grievous and how badass he was, as well as introducing Mace Windu as a fighter, instead of a passive body on the Council.
Now yes, it was outlandish, but it was COOL. I feel the first Clone Wars was to Star Wars what Star Trek: The Animated Series was to Star Trek: The Original Series. A way to do the cool stuff they wanted to do but wouldn't be feasible with the technology they had.
stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:17 pm

I have to disagree on the part that clone wars has been remade into rebels for younger people. Do you remember how kid friendly the movie and first season was of clone wars? It was about the same. People still get shot up and burned in rebels, A sith fell to his fiery death, or that time a senator got blown up trying to enter a ship. It's more going back to it's roots than anything else. You could easily say the prequels were darker, especially with the third movie. But then again the original trilogy got more mature as the movies went on. I've only seen 1 episode of season 2 on rebels and from that on I can already tell it's going to get darker. Hell in season 1 two people got their heads sliced off. So just be patient like you were with the clone wars and it will get better.

Also I will say the face grips were strong with grievous in the mini series.
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 1319

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakar Solice Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Wow this went from a tid-bit of Star Wars fan fiction to a full-blown nerd discussion. gg no re
Jakar Solice
Jakar Solice
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 780

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Writing - Page 3 Nerd-rage2
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Marek wrote:I have to disagree on the part that clone wars has been remade into rebels for younger people. Do you remember how kid friendly the movie and first season was of clone wars? It was about the same. People still get shot up and burned in rebels, A sith fell to his fiery death, or that time a senator got blown up trying to enter a ship. It's more going back to it's roots than anything else. You could easily say the prequels were darker, especially with the third movie. But then again the original trilogy got more mature as the movies went on. I've only seen 1 episode of season 2 on rebels and from that on I can already tell it's going to get darker. Hell in season 1 two people got their heads sliced off. So just be patient like you were with the clone wars and it will get better.

Also I will say the face grips were strong with grievous in the mini series.

I hope so, I really really hope so. I want to see the kid lose an arm, or the spunky mando girl get sliced in two.
The problem I have is plot armor.
Ahsoka went up against Grievous time after time. It was either a draw, or Ahsoka fought well enough to get away. That is plot armor out the ass.
That's what I want to see avoided in Rebels, I want to see a realistic fight against Vader, where there are tons of casualties. Where this team that has managed to slip through every single Imperial attack against them is suddenly torn apart.

I think the darkest point of Clone Wars was the brain bugs, that shit was epic.
stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Jakar Solice wrote:Wow this went from a tid-bit of Star Wars fan fiction to a full-blown nerd discussion. gg no re

Dude, I AM a full blown nerd.
stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:49 pm

stormjedi wrote:
Jakar Solice wrote:Wow this went from a tid-bit of Star Wars fan fiction to a full-blown nerd discussion. gg no re

I'm leading the purge....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:04 pm

nerd4life
Nightwing
Nightwing
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Credits : 1712

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 am

elites wrote:
stormjedi wrote:

I'm leading the purge....

Go sit in a corner, quitter.
stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakar Solice Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Jakar Solice
Jakar Solice
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:05 pm

The one with the blue shirt and pointy ears is jakar
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 am

stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakar Solice Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Marek wrote:The one with the blue shirt and pointy ears is jakar
and the one with the I Grok Spock shirt and girly giggle is marek
Jakar Solice
Jakar Solice
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marek Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:31 pm

nah I'm William shatner
Marek
Marek
11 - Major (Mjr)
11 - Major (Mjr)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoke Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:02 pm

stormjedi wrote:

explain why this sentence is basically my whole life
Snoke
Snoke

Back to top Go down

Post by stormjedi Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:10 am

Khorr'El wrote:
stormjedi wrote:

Because you are also a full blown nerd?
stormjedi
stormjedi
10 - Captain (Cpt)
10 - Captain (Cpt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoke Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm

stormjedi wrote:
Khorr'El wrote:
stormjedi wrote:

Because you are also a full blown nerd?

I don't even know at this point.
Snoke
Snoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down